Freeware V7

The image manipulation library.
issinoho
Site Admin

Freeware V7

#1 Post by issinoho »

The recently released V7 of the OpenVMS Freeware CD contains V6.1.5-4 of Imagemagick with full build procedures for VMS.

My initial (admittedly very fleeting) attempt at the build ended in failure.

It seems obvious though that this version should form the basis of our continued efforts.
Last edited by issinoho on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alphaman
$ HELP

#2 Post by Alphaman »

Agreed. I hope to be back on this project soon. I've got my server replaced, upgraded, and online now. I've also upgraded my blog from Pivot v1.4 to 1.22 -- Pivot rocks! In the process, I also converted from ODS-2 to ODS-5 on all of my drives (OVMS 7.3-2 rocks!) which allowed me to lay down the new Pivot without having to do a lot of hacking to make up for ODS-2's shortcomings.

Thanks for the link to the FWv7 kit. I'll grab it this weekend, although I may not get to play with it too much until next.

Alphaman
$ HELP

#3 Post by Alphaman »

Doing a search on the make.com reveals that the link command processes a bunch of .olb files that should be in Sys$Library. Looks like we still have to pull together all the separate libraries and build them -- they aren't anyplace in the directory tree.

Aaron

WillemGrooters
VMS Guru

Status???

#4 Post by WillemGrooters »

:?: What's the status of the project?
I still have to get into VAMP (might be VARP, using Rdb in stead of MySQL, or make it MtRdB?) where it is a requirement, so I'm curious where I can get on.

One (general) remark - as a seasoned developer, on Alphaman's last post - but I have seen the problem more often.

Where I'm in charge of setting up development environments, I REQUIRE that application libraries - linked in (.OLB) or against (.EXE - shared image) NOT be placed in SYS$SHARE or SYS$LIBRARY, and, for shareable images, the usage of LOGICALS in stead of hardcoded locations, filenames and extensions is mandatory.
Of course, there is much more on the issue but basically it means: dividing the OS envrionment from non_OS environment.