100%
v6
No votes

Total votes: 2

Alphaman
$ HELP

Plan of attack?

#1 Post by Alphaman »

Let's agree on a config to start working with. Do we go with the latest rev (v6) or one of the "pre-built" binary kits, like the v5 kit on the Freeware CDs? I think we can get at least one v5 kit that truly has all the components we need. We will need to do a lot of kit scrounging to get a v6 kit built.

I think we can learn a lot from the v5 kit that we could then use to build a v6 kit.

I've been able to get the JPEG library built, and if you look in the JPEG library itself, it indicates that you need to move several .h files and the shared object library to Sys$Library (not in those words, but that's the gist of it) in order to include JPEG in any other program. I moved them there and got past the associated errors (until I ran into another, but more on that later).

Right now, I need to get to work (where I can't access this board due to the :8080 port usage and corporate firewall rules). So, which is it? v5 or v6?

Aaron

issinoho
Site Admin

v5

#2 Post by issinoho »

I'm going to start having a look at the v5 source and get up to somewhere near where you are so we have a common reference point. Give me a day or 2.

Alphaman
$ HELP

#3 Post by Alphaman »

Bad news -- Yoda's racking up errors on one of his disks. It's making quite a racket, too -- I won't be able to live with this 24x7, probably not even 24x3. I'm going to have to tear it down this weekend, if it survives that long.

Nuts, and I just reached 1/2 year of uptime on it. Well, some consolation is that I get to replace the whole box, not just the disk drive! Assuming that my AS 800 really works, of course. (It got dropped off a UPS truck!)

I'll let you know when I've got it back up to where I can work on this project again. I'm hoping it will all be complete this weekend, if all goes well.

Aaron

ThomasCrift

-

#4 Post by ThomasCrift »

If the owners are too old to use/look after it you could always offer to look after their gardens for them in return even if its just cutting the lawn. A mornings work for an afternoons skate once a week or something